Application Opening Date: January 12, 2024
Application Deadline: January 24, 2024
The Centre for Information Technology and Development (CITAD) with supported from the
British Council and Prince’s Trust International, is implementing the Sustainable Enterprise
Challenge Project in Kano. The project intends to offer training to 60 young people in Kano State.
The training programme aims to support young people with the practical skills, knowledge and
confidence to succeed as entrepreneurs and be employable. The training will cover Basic ICT
skills, Digital Entrepreneurship, confidence development, effective communication, critical
thinking, business ideation and development, financial management, marketing, and more.
Additionally, the participants will also be paired with mentors who would provide guidance and
support in building and enhancing their soft skills. At the end of the training, the participants
will have an opportunity to pitch their business ideas. Winners of the business pitch will be
given business support to help in actualizing their business ideas.
CITAD is inviting interested and qualified candidates to apply for the training, which will take
place between January and March 2024.
Prospective applicants should be the following criteria:
1. Nigerian youth aged between 18-35
2. Resident of Kano Metropolis or able to stay in the metropolis for the training period
3. Minimum qualification of Secondary Education or its equivalent
4. Befully available throughout the training period
5. Possession of a business idea that requires support for development
6. Willingness to undergo physical screening before the training
7. Commitment to adhere to all guidelines set by CITAD during the training process
8. Should have 0–1-year business experience
9. Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral)
10. Note Youth who are in school and in employment are not eligible to apply
Women and girls within the age bracket are specifically encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Candidates interested in applying fill out the form below to complete their
application. Applications are open from January 12 to January 24, 2024.
This form is currently closed for submissions.